By: Berta Redondo
From: Europatat (European Potato Trade Association)
The European initiative “EU Code of Conduct on Responsible Food Business and Marketing Practices” has launched the Agri-food Code of Conduct tool. Developed by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform, the new tool is aimed to allow anyone interested in the Code of Conduct to:
- Learn more about its objectives and the many areas it covers;
- Discover best practices linked to these objectives;
- Select the objectives they are interested in;
- Evaluate the objectives they selected;
- Download an overview of these objectives;
- Share their own best practice(s);
- Automatically generate a pledge to sign up to the Code in an easy way (only for SMEs);
- Upload their own pledge to sign up to the Code (for large companies, associations and other supporters).
To get access to the tool, you will need an account. Once you have created one, amongst other actions, you can check the 7 objectives of the Code of Conduct and their related best practices by other companies. They might inspire you to do the same in your organisation! Discover how to make the most of the new tool here.
Prevention and reduction of food loss and waste is the second out of seven aspirational objectives of the Code of Conduct, which is one of the actions of the EU Farm to Fork Strategy published in May 2020.
The Code was launched in July 2021 with 65 signatories. It currently has more than 140 signatories. Anyone working on agri-food can become a signatory of the Code by committing to one or more of the 7 objectives and by submitting a ‘pledge’.