SEVT - Syndesmos Ellinikon Viomichanion Trofimon Somateio
WP 1, 3, 6, 7
SEVT represents the Greek Food & Drink Industry on national, European and international level. It consists of food and drink companies and sector associations. The mission of SEVT is to facilitate the development of a friendly & enabling business environment, where all food and drink companies, whatever their size, can operate responsibly in order to respond to the increasing needs of both consumers and society, while competing effectively towards a sustainable and inclusive growth. The work of the Federation is based on sound scientific research, robust data management and effective communication, within the EU regulatory context, to ensure that all food and drink policy issues and modern challenges are dealt with a holistic manner. In that respect, SEVT promotes competitiveness & extroversion of the sector, research & innovation, ensures food safety & quality, nutrition & health and implements digital transformation, aiming at ensuring a sustainable growth and the transition towards more sustainable food systems.
- Identification of current food loss & waste strategies, measurement & monitoring at food supply chain level.
- Contribution on the establishment of recommendations for future regulatory framework for food loss & waste measuring and monitoring.
- Testing of the tools/methods developed in the project in various case studies across the food supply chain.
- Data collection, management, and integration.
- Contribution on the replicability and scalability roadmap. – Supporting exploitation of common EU food loss & waste streams.
- Dissemination and communication of the project’s results.