Project Wasteless stands as the national food waste prevention programme of Hungary, organised by the National Food Chain Safety Office (NÉBIH). The initiative was launched in 2016 with the support of the EU LIFE Framework, which encompasses the following key elements:
- Data collection on household food waste in Hungary, which is part of the obligatory data reporting to the European Commission,
- Operation of an extensive educational programme targeting children,
- Conducting a consumer campaign incorporating awareness-raising contents, motivational messages, practical ideas, and fundamental knowledge addressing food waste,
- Collection and promotion of best practices for food waste prevention among the food supply chain,
- Collaboration with other food waste related projects both in Hungary and across Europe.