Co-design food sharing innovation for resilience
CULTIVATE is a four-year research project funded by Horizon Europe designed to support sustainable urban and peri-urban (UPU) food sharing and help transform urban food systems onto more just and sustainable pathways. CULTIVATE will co-design a ground-breaking online social innovation support platform – The Food Sharing Compass – with food sharing initiatives (FSIs), local authorities, food supply actors, researchers and citizens in order to:
- map, track and monitor UPU food sharing landscapes;
- identify the costs, benefits and impacts of FSIs;
- help actors navigate governance architectures and ensure policies and regulations of food sharing are appropriate;
- support increased citizen engagement in UPU food sharing and;
- create a community of practice for FSIs.
Working collaboratively with multiple actors, CULTIVATE will develop more sustainable, resilient and healthy UPU food systems supporting the EU’s inclusive climate mitigation and adaptation ambitions.