Eurofir - European Food Information Ressource Aisbl
WP 4, 5, 7, 8
EuroFIR AISBL is an international, member-based, non-profit Association under Belgian law (www.eurofir.org). It was set up in 2009 to ensure sustained advocacy for food information in Europe. Its purpose is to develop, publish and exploit food composition information, and promote international cooperation and harmonisation of standards to improve data quality, storage and access. EuroFIR AISBL draws together the best available food information globally from 40 compiler organisations in Europe and beyond (FoodEXplorer) as well as validated information about bioactive compounds (eBASIS). Members include individuals and organisations working in dietetics, food manufacturing and retail, software development, public sector funding, regulation and policy-making as well as academia. These members have access not only to food information, but also online tools, best practice, continuing professional development, networking,pre-competitive research and development of ICT projects in the food and health fields.
- Data collection, management, and integration.
- Supporting exploitation of common EU FLW streams – FoodWasteEXplorer
- Connection with related EU initiatives, including projects, programs and bodies.
- Communication & Dissemination strategy & campaigns.
- Training for food actors and community engagement monitoring.
- Exploitation strategy.
- Ethics & gender equality.
- Gender equity.